FUNDAMENTALS OF SOFTWARE
Future class dates available soon
Receive a certificate in Software Quality Assurance
that is supported by Ball State University and iLAB
Within a few years, Quality Assurance (QA) has developed a well-defined set of methodologies and techniques resulting in a field of its own. The importance of QA has grown with the need for companies to automate and streamline their testing processes, though QA was considered a sub-discipline of test or product management.
This course is intended to provide insights into the knowledge and skills required to plan, execute, document, and socialize software quality assurance (SQA) and test activities. It is my goal for you to master the lifecycle activities of the SQA process in the context of the software development lifecycle.
This course takes a practical, hands-on approach. You are exposed to each activity in several ways. First, you read about an element of the SQA process and we review the highlights in lectures. Then you get initial hands-on practice in a classroom situation via in-class exercises. Finally, you will apply these techniques to a realistic situation through your individual project assignments. This process concludes with a pass/fail final examination and the opportunity to earn a micro-credential for the course.
- Students will be able to describe and skillfully apply selected Software Quality Assurance (SQA) practices to a variety of real-world test projects. They should be able to define the roles involved in a development process and understand what is needed to be successful in an SQA role.
- Students will be able to explain the guiding principles and processes of SQA. They will be able to properly report the stages and status of their projects to various stakeholders. They will be able to explain the function and purpose of software quality and test in the overall planning, execution, and evaluation of an information or communication system.
- Students will learn the basic tools used by Agile software development teams.
- Students will summarize and explain, both verbally and in writing, SQA processes and guidelines, automation principles, and systems knowledge that software quality professionals need to know about these subjects.
- Hands-on training with tools and methodologies relevant to the industry
- Immediately applicable skills that satisfy the requirements of current job openings
- Taught by a leading industry practitioner
Key Program Topics
- Quality Basics
- The Development Lifecycle
- Agile Methods and Tools
- Testing Basics
- Investigative Skills for Quality
- Requirements Management
- Usability and Compatibility Testing
- Mobile Testing
- Security Testing
- Website Testing
- Quality Documentation
- Communication and Teamwork
- Test Automation
- Introduction to Selenium
- Careers in SQA and Continuous Improvement
Who will benefit
- Testers to update their knowledge in testing procedures used in the industry
- Developers interested in understanding the methodologies used in QA
- Managers that work closely with QA department
- Career Changers planning to join the job force as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
- Number of Courses: 1
- Total modules: 15
- Time to Complete: 5 weeks
- Delivery: Virtual