Enterprise Quality Assurance
Lead the Test Implementation in accordance with the agreed Quality Assurance principles and standards in order to manage the Product risk and inter-dependencies during the Product Life-Cycle. Ensure alignment across Business Analysis, Development, Quality Assurance and Environment to optimise the testing efficiencies across the Product delivery stack.
Manager of Self / Individual Contributor
Enterprise Quality Assurance Tribe Lead
• Build a deep understanding of the business need in order to contribute to the ongoing value proportion.
• Participate in the overall test planning of the Product execution path and test estimation.
• Create the Test Charter, Strategy or plan and ensure alignment to the Product objectives.
• Ensure the Product is delivered within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
• Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
• Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Nedbank Values.
• Liaise with Stakeholders across Group Technology to build a network that will align to nWoW.
• Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story/epic.
• Participate in the Squad backlog grooming.
• Facilitate the daily stand-up and manage the issues raised by the Test Engineers and remove any blockers.
• Encourage the Test Engineers to collaborate across team to ensure efficient implementation of Product and ensure automation governance is adhered to by all Test Engineers.
• Facilitate the handover of test deliverables for all phases of testing.
• Review and ensure all test artefacts are stored centrally.
• Encourage continuous learning and questioning of the business and technology.
• Allow for and encourage significant investment in the end-to-end test design.
• Review and prioritise all issues raised by the Test Engineers.
• Work with the Enterprise Quality Assurance Tribe Lead on the metrics and reporting to communicate testing status.
• Ensure the test deliverables produced aligned to the test approach.
• Communicate the Product risk to the Enterprise Quality Assurance Tribe Lead and highlight any mitigating factors.
• Ensure the defect management process is adhered to by the Test Engineers and where necessary chair the defect triage sessions.
• Participate in the retrospective reviews and seek efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our client(s).
• Produce a closeout report and monitor product health in production for 2 weeks to ensure any issues are referenced in the report for completeness.
• Elicit business and Subject Matter Expert participation and input where necessary.
• Encourage Peer reviews of the test artefacts (manual and automated test cases).
• Understand and manage own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
• Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the Nedbank eco-system.
• Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
• Mentor the Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or a Bcomm in Information Systems or an Industry aligned Certification in software development.
• Agile certification and training in DevOps would be advantageous.
• ISEB/ISTQB advance certification.
• Minimum of 2 years' development experience and 4 testing experience (2 years' experience in a lead role).
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in Agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development.
• Ability to understand and interrupt logical solution architecture.
• Proficient in the use of tools like: Cucumber, Jbehave, Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira.
• Writing and Verbal Communication.
• Technical Debate.
• Expectation Management.
• Working under Pressure.
• Organisation and Cultural fit.
• Stakeholder Management.
• Time Management.
• Collaborative Engagement.
• Diversity Management.