Enterprise Quality Assurance
To provide tactical guidance on the technology roadmap to the SQE and STE team members. The guidance should encapsulate the design, best practises and coding standards for the Quality Assurance solutions. The Architect would also be considered to be the SME on Quality Assurance tools and Frameworks and the fit for purpose for the relevant artefacts. Furthermore he/she would be able to provide the recommendation on the structure of the QA solutions and the various QA code references that should be referenced in the solutions based on technology stack of the solution being Quality Assured.
Manager of Self / Individual Contributor
• Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
• Delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solutions within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
• Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
• Create and assist with the personal development plan for the Software Test Engineer.
• Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
• Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
• Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Nedbank Values.
• Liaise with Stakeholders across Group Technology to build a network that will align to nWoW.
• Contribute in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
• Discuss the low level design and functional requirements with the Chapter Lead, Application/Solution Architect & SQE to understand the approach to test automation.
• Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the test harness, automation framework and overall platform.
• Promote the automation framework and tool adopted by the Enterprise Quality Assurance team.
• Engage with the following Architecture capabilities: Solution, Data, Security, Infrastructure & Enterprise to ensure that EQA solutions are resilient, robust, and following best practises and patterns that are relevant and appropriate.
• Collaborate with the environment DevOps Engineer to understand the production environment and the implementation process for the various solutions.
• Provide input, when required, for the approach to non-functional solutions.
• Assist with Proof of Concepts for QA solutions where possible
• Ensure the solutions implemented meet the intended architectural and development standards that are re-usable and scalable.
• Participate in the retrospective reviews.
• Continually engage in research and development to improve and extend the capability of the EQA division via the frameworks, tools and solutions under his/her influence
• Design and support implementation of the Mobile Quality Assurance Laboratory and the Mobile Quality Assurance Frameworks
• Provide Design and Ongoing improvement for the Test Data Management Solutions
• Provide Design and Ongoing improvement for the Infrastructure Quality Assurance Solutions
• Understand and manage own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
• Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the Nedbank eco-system.
• Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
• Mentor the Software Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or a Bcomm in Information Systems or an industry aligned Certification in software development.
• ISEB/ISTQB Agile and Advance certification would be advantageous.
• Minimum of 3 years' combined architecture experience in 3 or more of the following areas: Solution, Data, Security, Infrastructure & Enterprise
• Minimum of 5 years' quality assurance experience and 3 development experience.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in Agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in non-functional testing in quality assurance e.g. Load, Performance, High-availability and other aspects of technical testing.
• Proficient in the design of scalable, robust, resilient and extendable solutions.
• Proficient in object-orientated Programming (OOP).
• Proficient in integration design.
• Proficient in Mobile Application development and mobile performance testing.
• Proficient in the use of Quality Assurance Tooling and Frameworks.
• Writing and Verbal Communication.
• Technical Debate.
• Expectation Management.
• Working under Pressure.
• Organisation and Cultural fit.
• Stakeholder Management.
• Time Management.
• Collaborative Engagement.