The Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer creates test cases, executes tests, automates tests, performs code reviews and documents software testing results. Ensures automated/performance scripts meet established standards.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Identify and extract test requirements from business requirements which are automation candidates.
- Automation/Performance test plan creation.
- Automated test case development, estimation, and maintenance.
- Perform code peer reviews and documentation.
- Automation testing execution against system(s) under test.
- Defect logging, retest, and change request entry.
- Knowledge transfer to the client and team members.
- Liaison with developers & business analysts.
- Manage test schedules, track and monitor distribution of work & effectively communicate test progress.
- Test data management planning and execution.
- Verify and revise quality standards as needed.
- Analyze and implement performance and load testing solutions based on client requirements.
- Analyze complex situations and recommend solutions to the client.
- Recommend areas for process improvement.
- Identify and mitigate project and/or test risks with escalation/delegation of issues to appropriate members of the project team.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle models (Waterfall, Rapid Application Development, Spiral Model, Agile, etc.) required.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrates advanced development knowledge.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, or function in a team as needed.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for full product development life-cycle desired.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to effectively present to and interact with all levels of management.
- Highly adaptive and flexible to a changing environment.
- Working knowledge on SQL a plus.