Enterprise Quality Assurance
Use the automation framework and pre-defined test tools to inspect, analyse, design, develop and implement re-useable automated test assets to Quality Assure the solution and its architecture to ensure the overall quality of the solution.
Manager of Self / Individual Contributor
• Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
• Delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solutions within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
• Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
• Create and assist with the personal development plan for the Software Test Engineer.
• Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
• Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
• Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Nedbank Values.
• Liaise with Stakeholders across Group Technology to build a network that will align to nWoW.
• Contribute to the systematic breakdown of the business need into manageable feature(s), stories and epics that can be delivered.
• Participate in the backlog grooming.
• Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
• Discuss the low level design and functional requirements with the Chapter Lead, Application/Solution Architect to understand the approach to test automation.
• Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the test harness, automation frameworks and overall platform.
• Promote the automation framework and tool adopted by the Enterprise Quality Assurance team.
• Perform adhoc peer review of the automated test assets being maintained by the Software Test Engineer (STE) to ensure conformance of the process and governance.
• Collaborate with the environment DevOps engineer to investigate and correct bugs and inefficiencies.
• Develop the automation scripts using the automation framework for execution.
• Implement the test automation with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be re-used for regression testing.
• Ensure the solution meet the architectural and development standards that are re-usable and scalable.
• Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued and aligns with the governance.
• Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under load.
• Responsible for testing of the system or component high-availability and recoverability.
• Log defects using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
• Manage the product risk and communicate to the Test Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
• Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
• Report status of testing to the Quality Assurance squad daily.
• Participate in all retrospective reviews.
• Participate in the showcase to external stakeholders.
• Understand and manage own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
• Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the Nedbank eco-system.
• Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
• Mentor the Software Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or a Bcomm in Information Systems or an industry aligned Certification in software development.
• Bootcamp training in Agile and DevOps.
• ISEB/ISTQB Advance certification.
• Minimum of 2 years' development experience.
• Minimum of 3 years' test automation experience.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in Agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development in a continuous delivery model.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in NFT.
• Experience in security testing.
• Experience in Mobile NFT.
• Ability to understand and interpret infrastructure architecture.
• Ability to understand and interrupt logical solution architecture.
• Proficient in object-orientated Programming (OOP).
• Proficient in development languages; C#, Java.
• Proficient in Mobile Application development and mobile and testing.
• Proficient in the use of Soap and RESTFUL services.
• Proficient in the use of testing tools and frameworks (Selenium, Appium, Soap UI, Jira).
• Proficient in the use of performance testing tools (HP performance centre, Jmeter, See test).
• Experience in service virtualisation.
• Proficient in Mobile NFT with cloud based tools (AWS, sauce labs).
• Exposure to data virtualisation and use of hyper-converged infrastructure.
• Experience in Security testing (Vulnerability testing).
• Experience in all types of NFT.
• Writing and Verbal Communication.
• Technical Debate.
• Expectation Management.
• Working under Pressure.
• Organisation and Cultural fit.
• Time Management.