Enterprise Quality Assurance
Analyse, design and execute manual and automated test cases to ensure overall quality of the Product. Collaborate across multi-discipline teams including; Business Analyst, Architect, Developer or any other stakeholder to ensure the Product under development are of high quality and meet the client's requirements.
Manager of Self / Individual Contributor
• Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
• Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
• Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
• Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
• Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Nedbank Values.
• Liaise with Stakeholders across Group Technology to build a network that will align to nWoW.
• Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
• Discuss the acceptance criteria or functional and technical requirements with the Test Lead, Subject Matter Expert, Business Analyst, Developer or any other Stakeholder to understand the approach to testing.
• Discuss with the chapter lead to identify the technical integration dependencies and test requirements.
• Identify the regression testing scope that will form part of the execution during the iteration/sprint and execute the test suite before and after deployment into production.
• Identify and provision the test data requirements that will form the basis of the execution during the iteration/sprint.
• Identify the test environment requirement that will form part of the iteration/sprint, provision and perform the necessary infrastructure verification test before execution starts.
• Update and where necessary maintain the automation scripts.
• Execute the automation scripts and ensure all test results are recorded and stored for audit purposes.
• Assist the Subject Matter Expert, Business Analyst or other Squad members with acceptance and/or graphical user interface testing.
• Log defects using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
• Manage the Product risk and communicate to the Test Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
• Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
• Report status of testing to the quality assurance Squad daily.
• Participate in the retrospective reviews.
• Understand and manage own demand based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
• Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the Nedbank eco-system.
• Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
• National Diploma in Computer Science or an industry aligned Certification in software development.
• ISEB/ISTQB Agile certification or similar.
• ISEB/ISTQB Advance Test Analyst certification.
• Minimum of 1 year automation experience and 3 year's testing experience.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in Agile delivery and exposure to Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development would be advantageous.
• Implemented technical complex solutions in Quality Assurance or similar.
• Proficient in functional and technical integration testing.
• Experience in database Testing.
• Experience in API testing.
• Experience in Mobile testing
• Experience in the use of Quality Assurance Tooling and Frameworks.
• Stakeholder Management.
• Writing and Verbal Communication.
• Technical Debate.
• Expectation Management.
• Working under Pressure.
• Organisation and Cultural fit.
• Collaborative Engagement.