Upon successful completion of the course exam, the candidate will receive the Certified Tester Foundation Level Certificate (CTFL) in Software Testing.
As the leader in independent software quality assurance and testing for more than twenty years, our training has helped thousands of testers and managers launch their careers to the next level. Our highly focused, interactive training will offer you an unforgettable and enjoyable learning experience. We offer a wide variety of courses at initial, intermediate and advanced levels. Our courses range from one to five days in duration and, depending on the facilities and number of candidates, can be arranged at your location. We use certified live instructors in both our in-person and virtual classes, so you can ask questions and get answers right away.
You can take comfort knowing you are getting training from experts.
For North America: iLAB’s training is accredited by ASTQB, the U.S. Board for ISTQB certification. For South Africa: iLAB’s training is accredited by SASTQB, the S.A. Board for ISTQB certification.
The course begins by defining testing terminology and all the fundamental aspects of the testing process such as defining what the process is and why testing is necessary. We will cover general testing principles, the fundamental test process and the psychology of testing. Important concepts in testing such as the difference between regression testing and retesting are discussed. There is an emphasis on strong communication and the importance of independence when it comes to successful testing. In this course you will study all of the essential aspects of software testing and Quality Assurance, including a thorough overview of tasks, methods, and techniques for successfully testing software.
This course prepares you for the ISTQB Foundation Level exam.
Passing the exam will grant you an ISTQB CTFL certification.
After completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand common vocabulary for software testing, which will aid in effective and efficient communication.
- Have the knowledge of fundamental concepts of software testing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how different development and testing practices, and different constraints on testing, may apply in optimizing testing to different contexts.
- Participate effectively in reviews.
- Use established techniques for designing tests at all test levels.
- Interpret and execute tests from given test specifications. Report on test results.
- Understand test management principles for resources, strategies, planning, project control and risk management.
- Write and communicate clear and understandable defect reports.
- Recognize the project factors that drive the test priorities and test approach.
- Appreciate the value that software testing brings to stakeholders.
- Understand how testing activities and work products align with project objectives, measures and targets.
- Contribute in the selection and implementation process of testing tools.