Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Lead
The Software Quality Assurance Team Lead role is responsible for managing work product of team members. The SQA Team Lead role ensures quality and delivery of the project objectives on time. Additionally, the SQA Team Lead creates test cases, executes tests, and documents software testing results. Validates completed software meets established standards. Mentor and coach other team members.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in all phases of the project life cycle e.g. requirements review/analysis, test planning, test execution, and test reporting and assessment.
- Plan, monitor, and manage all SQA and testing activities throughout the lifecycle of a project for the quality assurance analysts.
- Prepare test plans through characterization of testing evolutions – system, integration, functional, performance, regression testing and user acceptance.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives by providing feedback on deployed process, helping with the piloting and training of software quality control methodologies.
- Identify and mitigate project and/or test risks with escalation/delegation of issues to appropriate members of the project team.
- Manage test schedules, track and monitor distribution of work & effectively communicate test progress.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Analyze complex situations and recommend solutions to the client.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle models (Waterfall, Rapid Application Development, Spiral Model, Agile, etc.) required.
- Software testing experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, or function in a team as needed.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for full product development life-cycle desired.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to effectively present to and interact with all levels of management.\
- Highly adaptive and flexible to a changing environment.
- Working knowledge of SQL, a plus.
"It is an exciting time to be a part of the iLAB family. Company growth has provided me with opportunities that not many of my peers are fortunate enough to experience, and the knowledge I have gained from my veteran coworkers is priceless. It is nice to finally feel like a company cares about my career goals, and not just their own business goals."