Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer creates test cases, executes tests, automates tests, performs code reviews, and documents software testing results. Ensures automated/performance scripts meet established standards.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Perform manual test case analysis.
- Identify and extract test requirements from business requirements which are automation candidates.
- Test case development within different tool sets.
- Automated test case development, estimation, and maintenance.
- Perform code peer reviews and documentation.
- Automation testing execution against system(s) under test.
- Defect logging, retest, and change request entry.
- Knowledge transfer to the client and team members.
- Liaison with developers & business analysts.
- Management of individual progress against the plan.
- Test data management planning and execution.
- Verify and revise quality standards as needed.
- Analyze and implement performance and load testing solutions based on client requirements.
- Analyze complex situations and recommend solutions to the client.
- Recommend areas for process improvement.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle models (Waterfall, Rapid Application Development, Spiral Model, Agile, etc.) required.
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Demonstrates intermediate development knowledge.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, or function in a team as needed.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures for full product development life-cycle desired.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to effectively present to and interact with all levels of management.
- Highly adaptive and flexible to a changing environment.
- Working knowledge on SQL a plus.
"It is an exciting time to be a part of the iLAB family. Company growth has provided me with opportunities that not many of my peers are fortunate enough to experience, and the knowledge I have gained from my veteran coworkers is priceless. It is nice to finally feel like a company cares about my career goals, and not just their own business goals."