Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineering Lead
The Software Quality Assurance Engineering Lead develops and implements the high-level design approach for test automaton and performance testing client engagements. Ensures the proposed design solution meets the client’s needs and follows established technical development standards.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Create Automation/Performance Development and Test Plans.
- Analyze client technical environment and project goals and recommend appropriate software testing technologies and tools.
- Define and implement test automation development coding standards.
- Estimate test automation/performance test engagement level of effort and recommend staffing levels.
- Define test automation candidate Test Case selection criteria.
- Analyze and extract performance testing system architecture and business workflow requirements.
- Perform test automation code peer reviews.
- Knowledge transfer to the client and team members.
- Liaison with developers & business analysts.
- Manage test schedules, track and monitor distribution of work & effectively communicate test progress.
- Analyze Test Data requirements for Automation and/or Performance testing engagements.
- Identify and mitigate project and/or test risks with escalation/delegation of issues to appropriate members of the project team.
- Deep understanding of System Development Life Cycle models (Waterfall, Rapid Application Development, Spiral Model, Agile, etc.) required.
- Expert level knowledge of quality assurance methodologies.
- Excellent engineering problem solving skills.
- Firm understanding of Test Automation and/or Performance Testing Design Methodologies.
- Advanced coding knowledge of at least one mainstream programming language.
- Direct coding experience in multiple test automation and/or performance testing tools.
- Firm understanding of distributed software system architectures.
- Firm understanding of API, database and presentation layer technologies in modern web design
- Excellent interpersonal, consultative skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Ability to follow instructions, work independently, or function in a team as needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to effectively present to and interact with all levels of management.
"It is an exciting time to be a part of the iLAB family. Company growth has provided me with opportunities that not many of my peers are fortunate enough to experience, and the knowledge I have gained from my veteran coworkers is priceless. It is nice to finally feel like a company cares about my career goals, and not just their own business goals."