Gaming: iLAB Offers an Interactive Experience Encouraging Customer’s to Keep Playing
The client has a centralized management company that develops software internally and invests in and focuses on developing, operating, and managing hotels, resorts, and casinos. All the software is provided to meet the differing requirements of the various business units, including aspects such as different government agencies, versions of gaming equipment, multi-currencies, and multi-languages.
Business constraints and the lack of available environments resulted in insufficient testing and the inability to meet government regulations with punitive results. The client relied significantly on the business units to complete testing before deployment. The dependency on the business users and the lack of formal testware made it impossible for the client to get a true insight into the quality of their software before release.
The client required a comprehensive solution to ensure it meets government regulatory requirements. A centralized team of iLAB professionals hosted a test lab replicating multiple casino environments.
The solution was designed and implemented through multiple phases culminating in a complete outsourced solution to create a quality gate between the management company, their vendors, and the business units (the casinos and the hotels).
Once the methodology and processes were agreed upon and tested in several project cycles, the following phases of the solution included:
- A fully developed quality management methodology based on iLAB’s proven iTEST© methodology, customized for the client’s particular quality needs.
- A consulting team delivering standardized quality management services.
- A core resource pool of skilled software quality assurance professionals, enabling the scalability of the team based on project demands.
- Standardized software tools supporting the methodologies and quality processes
- Using the latest virtualization technologies, a hosted, managed testing infrastructure solution aligned to the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) industry best practice.
- A stringent infrastructure management approach ensures control of changes and testing environments.
Over time, the solution has expanded to include automated regression, performance, and security testing responsible for the end-to-end testing of the customer’s most complex integrated environments and systems. iLAB’s testing and hosting specialists report to a site manager dedicated to the customer who ensures that all elements of iLAB and the customer’s service offering and support elements are aligned to ensure independent quality testing. The ongoing service level management and improvement process has ensured ongoing maturity and improvement of quality assurance and the overall software development life cycle.
- A fully dedicated multi-purpose scalable test environment. No further capital expenditure with an 82% saving on the costs of a comparable in-house testing laboratory.
- Continuous improvement and innovation through an outsourcing partnership focused on service- level management and improvement.
- Ability to run regression testing in parallel across multiple business units.
- Accommodation of various instances, currency, and language versions of the software.
- Centralization and efficiency resulted in a cost reduction of 50% in software testing.
- 98% reduction of production issues following the releases.