Public Sector: iLAB Acted in a Consulting Role to Help Develop Quality Assurance Strategies for a Successful Transition
The client wanted to move from the ERP Employee Central (EEC) SAP component and other disconnected support systems to a full suite of SAP Products (Ariba, Concur, S4 Hana, Employee Central, SuccessFactors, UKG, PMGM, Learning, Benefit Focus, Inventory Management, SBP, and Asset Manager).
- iLAB provided the core testing team and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT). The core testing team also handled defect management.
- iLAB contributed Software Quality Assurance expertise, assisting with project planning and execution, as well as identifying and mitigating risks that could jeopardize the project.
- No quality assurance strategies in place.
- Poor project communication.
iLAB developed a quality assurance strategy used to successfully transition the client from their current systems to the new full suite of SAP products. Elements of this strategy included iLAB:
- Advising on Azure DevOps setup and organization.
- Facilitating the creation of a successful Test Plan.
- Managing vendor test creation and organization.
- Taking responsibility for test execution and UAT planning.
- Leading testing sessions with stakeholders and end-users
iLAB implemented Azure DevOps, which allowed project participants to record and track progress in an organized and agreed upon manner. iLAB also created testing schedules that offered flexibility for both vendors and stakeholders to successfully work around data migration and development delivery efforts.
Initially, the client enlisted iLAB for a short-term project to assist with Test Plan creation. iLAB’s time on the project, thanks to the excellent guidance provided by iLAB’s Testing and Software Quality Assurance experts, was quickly extended. iLAB continued to work on the project through the initial go live. Currently, iLAB still provides quality assurance insight to the Fulton Country School District.